Smyth Road School Newsletter
- Thank you to all the families who have already donated winter clothing to our annual Share the Warmth clothing drive! Donations will be accepted through this month and will be distributed to needy children. We appreciate your generosity!
- Speaking of warm clothing, please make sure that your children come to school prepared for all types of weather. Children should come to school with boots, hats, and mittens. The students go outside every day for some recess and fresh air. (unless it is below 15 degrees) If they want to play in the snow at recess, they also need to wear snow pants. Also a reminder that student arrival is at 8:30 a.m. We do supervise students in the entrance area from 8:15-8:30 in the cold weather. However, if students come earlier than 8:15 a.m. and they are not in the before school program, they need to be dressed to wait outside until supervision begins.
- Late students: We continue to have a growing number of children who are coming to school late. The late bell rings at 8:45 and students need to be in their classrooms when the bell rings. In the last few weeks the office has been packed with students getting late slips well after 9 a.m. Late arrival is disruptive to the classrooms.
- Lost and Found: Our Lost and Found area continues to grow. If your child has lost an item of clothing, I bet we have found it! We have two very large boxes on our stage full of clothing that belongs to your children.
- First trimester report cards will be sent home on Thursday, December 20th. You may keep your copy of the report card, but sign the report card envelope and return it to your child’s classroom teacher.
- Holiday Events: Our holiday concert presented by the orchestra, band and chorus will take place at 10:15 a.m. on Thursday, December 20th. Families are welcome to attend. Our classrooms will have their parties on the same day.
- Students get out of school for the Holiday break on Friday, December 21st. All elementary students are released at 11:15 a.m. on the 21st. Students will return to school on Wednesday, January 2nd 2019.
- Thank you to all of our Smyth Road families for all you do to support our school. I hope this Holiday season is filled with fun, health and happiness!
- Student of the Month: We had our November Road Runner last week. At this assembly we recognized the November students of the month. They earned this recognition because of their positive energy, great work ethic, and kind words and deeds. The students of the month received a special certificate, and they also will be featured on the bulletin board in the main hallway. Additionally our students of the month will have lunch with the principal!
Congratulations to the following students:
Henry Chretien- Kindergarten Brayden Bernier-Gr 3 Adelaide Piecuch-Kindergarten Wes Catenza-Gr 3 Antonio Otero-Kindergarten Khalia Lewis-Gr 4 Lizzie Holmes-Gr 1 Carly Stephen-Gr 4 Devin Konts-Gr 1 Marley Oats-Gr 5 Brinley Stevenson-Gr 1 Olivia Freeman-Gr 5 Taerilis Martinez–Gr 2 Elizabeth Kelley-Gr 5 Julianne DeLeon Barrios-Gr 2 Anthony Tibando-Mrs. Perry’s class Zeke Stewart: Gr 2 Matt Balla: Mr. Lee’s class Amelia Provencher: Art Logan Villers: Music
December Dates and Events:
- December 4-7 : Holiday Shop for Students
- Thursday, December 20: Trimester I report cards distributed
- Thursday, December 20: 10:15 a.m. Winter/Holiday Concert
- Thursday, December 20: Classroom Holiday Parties
- Friday, December 21st : Early Release for Students, 11:15 a.m.
- December 24- January 1: Holiday/School vacation