Smyth Road School Newsletter
Kindergarten/1st Grade Registration: New students ready to enter Kindergarten and first grade at Smyth Road School can register in the Smyth Road library on Wednesday, April 10th from 8:30-12:00 or 12:30-2:30.
To register for kindergarten, your child must be 5 years old by September 30, 2019 .
To register for first grade, your child must be 6 years old by September 30, 2019.
Parents/Guardians can access all the necessary information about Kindergarten registration at: www.mansd.org You can download forms and fill them out prior to arrival at registration.
In order to register you need to bring:
- 2 proofs of residency. A driver’s license is not accepted, but see list on Manchester Web site for acceptable proof of residency.
- birth certificate (or I-94 or green card)
- immunization record supplied by your doctor
- a record of your child’s recent physical examination
- completed registration forms …….again these can be found on line at www.mansd.org
Celebration of Learning: Please come and visit us!! Come tour your child’s classroom to see what they are learning about. We are dedicating the week prior to April vacation to celebrate our school and all the things our students have accomplished. Here are the dates and times for you to come and see their work:
Kindergarten: Tuesday, April 16 from 10:15-11:15
Grade 1: Wednesday, April 17 from 2:00-2:50
Grade 2: Thursday, April 18 from 2:00-2:50
Grade 3: Friday, April 19 from 1:45-2:45
Grade 4: Tuesday, April 30th from 9-11
Grade 5: Tuesday, April 16 1:45-2:45
We hope you can come!
Library Café: As a way to share our love for reading with our family members, we are hosting the 2nd annual Library Café during our Celebration of Learning Week. Family members are invited to attend your child’s library class that week. A separate notice has been sent home with all the details and times listed for each class to attend the café.
Mac and Cheese Cook Off: Come join us for our 1st annual Mac and Cheese cook off where families, staff members and students will be vying for the honor of being crowned with the “Golden Noodle.” Please come and taste them all and help determine the champion!!! The Cook Off takes place on Saturday, April 13th from 12-3 at the Smyth Rd gym. Hope to see you there!
Student of the Month: We had our March Student of the Month assembly last week! Students were recognized for their positive energy, great work ethic, and kind words and deeds. The Students of the Month for March received a special certificate, and they also will be featured on the bulletin board in the main hallway.
Congratulations to the following students:
Brady Leclerc-Kindergarten Lana Melcher-Gr 3 Maddie Adams-Kindergarten Richard Bourque-Gr 3 Pedro Batista-Kindergarten Madilyn Bleyle-Gr 4 Maximus Harmon-Gr 1 Lucas Stevenson-Gr 4 Kaiden McBride-Gr 1 Jali Santana-Gr. 5 Angeli Hernandez-Gr 1 Shantya Singh-Gr 5 Gabriela Sarmiento-Mendoza–Gr 2 Dina Adhikari-Gr 5 Hudson Lever-Gr 2 Miralem Palic: Ms. Cross’s class Robbie Bolduc-Gr 2 Elora Cordier- Mrs. Perry’s class Jayla Brigoni: Music Dylan Cutting: Art Trevor Roux: P.E Hailey Smith: Health Kiza Ilunga: Library
- Wednesday, April 10th: Kindergarten/Grade 1 Registration: 8:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m. / 12:30-2:30 p.m. in Smyth Rd library
- Wednesday, April 10th PTO mtg. 6 p.m. in library (rescheduled from 4/3/19
- Friday, April 12: Sweetheart Dance at Smyth Rd 6:30-8:30
- Saturday, April 13: Mac & Cheese Cook Off 12-3 p.m. Smyth Rd
- Monday, April 15-Friday, April 19: Celebration of Learning (theme days sent home next week)
- April Vacation: Monday April 22-Friday, April 26
- Tuesday, April 30th : Grade 4 Water Fair, 9-11 a.m.