Smyth Road Principal Newsletter
- Reminder: If you need to dismiss your child early, the best way to communicate this is to send in a note in the morning to your child’s teacher. The teacher will then pass the note on to the main office. You can also call the main office, but the phone call needs to be received before 2:30 p.m.
- Picture Re-takes: Although we have not received school pictures to distribute yet (it should be very soon!), we have scheduled a picture re-take day for Tuesday, November 12th. Re-take day is set up for those families who are not satisfied with their photos or were absent on picture day. If your child will be getting pictures re-taken because you do not like the way the pictures came out, please send in the pictures you do not want with your child on November 12th.
- Fall Festival/Bat Drop/Parade: Our annual Fall Festival was held on Friday, October 25th. This event was an enormous success! In the evening the school was packed with spooky costumed students playing games and having treats.. Thank you to all of the volunteers who worked so hard to put together this big annual event. On October 30th students headed out to the playground to see Mrs. Otero and Ms. Briggs send some bats flying into the air from atop a fire department’s bucket truck. The firemen took them so high up in the air they could see the whole city. The four bats that landed closest to the bull’s eye on the target won! Our winners were: Ryder Belanger, Jaiden Cruz, Aislinn Donoway and Aiden Noucas. The following day, October 31st, was Halloween! We didn’t care about the rain! Everyone came dressed for the day! The whole school paraded through the hallways and through the library and ended up in the gym for our spooky October Road Runner Rally!
- Thanksgiving Baskets: Notices are going home today requesting donations for Thanksgiving Baskets. Monetary donations are appreciated as well. Checks can be made out to Smyth Road School and sent in attention to Mrs. Ezzideen. If you are a family in need of assistance, contact Mrs. Ezzideen at 624-6340 or email@example.com.
- November Days off: There is no school on Tuesday, November 5th for Workshop/Election Day, or on Monday, November 11th for the observance of Veteran’s Day. There is also no school from Wednesday, November 27th through Friday, November 29th for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
- Holiday Vendor & Craft Fair: Smyth Road PTO is hosting their 4th annual Holiday Craft Fair on Saturday, December 7th from 9 am to 2 pm. This should be a great event to get some Holiday shopping done! Admission is free and there will be a craft table for kids as well!
Student of the Month: We had our October Road Runner Rally assembly on October 31st. At this assembly we recognized the October students of the month. They earned this recognition because of their positive energy, great work ethic, and kind words and deeds. The students of the month for October received a special certificate, and they also will be featured on the bulletin board in the main hallway.
Our October Students of the month are:
Gabrielle Munyanya -Kindergarten
Amelia Provencher-Gr 3
William Harding-Gr 3
Cara Robert-Gr 3
Mason Kimball-Gr 1
Paxton Bowman-Gr 4
Jayla Brignoni-Gr 1
Abigail Fontaine-Gr 4
Beau Trudel-Gr 1
Estella Nieves-Gr 5
Leila Berlinguette–Gr 2
Ryder Belanger-Gr 5
Noah Robert-Gr 2
Devonte Rivera-Mrs. Zink’s class
Colby Castro-Gr 2
Logan Dinardo: Mrs. Perry’s class
Jordyn Morin: P.E.
Faith Chaput: Music
Holden Krieger: Health
Charlotte Lavigne: Library
Art: Scotty Johnson
November Dates and Events:
- Tuesday, November 5: No School: Election Day/Teacher Workshop Day
- Monday, November 11: No School: Veteran’s Day Holiday
- Tuesday, November 12: Picture Re-Takes
- Wednesday, Nov 27- Friday, Nov 29: No School, Thanksgiving Holiday
- Saturday, December 7, Smyth Rd Craft Fair, 9 a.m.-2 p.m.