Smyth Road School Newsletter
- Last Day: The last day of school for students will be Thursday, June 13th. This is a full day with the usual dismissal time. The last day for our Pre-K students is Tuesday, June 11th.
- 5th Grade Events: Our parting ceremony for our 5th grade students will be on Wednesday, June 13th at 9:30 a.m. Families are invited to attend and we will also allow siblings of fifth grade students to attend the ceremony. Our 5th grade students will also be “clapped out” on Wednesday at 2:00 p.m. Again, families of 5th grade students are welcome to attend. We will mark off an area with cones outside the gym door entrance for parents and family members to stand and cheer.
- Summer Reading Program: The Manchester School District will once again be kicking off the summer program, "Booked for Summer," to encourage students to read and learn outside the classroom while they might have some extra down time this summer. We encourage students to pick up a book or participate in a learning activity! Check out the MSD website Bookedforsummer.mansd.org for an up to date calendar with tons of activities and suggested reading lists. Students will be receiving a 2019 Summer Activity Sheet to document their reading and participation in summer learning activities. Students should bring back their completed activity sheets the first day of school. Depending on their level of participation, students will receive raffle tickets and be entered in prize drawings. We've enjoyed seeing Smyth Rd. students who are "Booked for Summer" featured on the school district website and will again be posting them on our school website again! For more information keep an eye out for the Booked For Summer Elementary letter coming out soon.
- Step up and Supply Lists: We will be having a “step up day” on Monday, June 10th in the morning so that all students entering a new grade level can meet all the grade level teachers, hear about the expectations of that grade, and receive a list of grade level specific supplies. Grade level supply lists will also be posted on the school web site so that you can refer to the supply list over the summer. Students will receive letters in the mail at their home address in late August regarding their specific classroom assignment.
- Questions/Concerns Over the Summer? Even though September is far away, there are often questions that arise in midsummer. The district will continue to post pertinent information over the summer on the district web site, www.mansd.org. Again, we will be sending home a letter in late August about classroom assignments. The district calendar for 19-20 is posted on the district web site. The first day of school for students in grades K-12 will be Wednesday, September 4th while Pre-K students will have their first day on Monday, September 9th .
- Moving? If you are planning to move over the summer, or if you have recently moved outside the Smyth Road School district, please inform the office. We need to update our records and make sure records and files get to the appropriate school. We also want to make sure you receive our summer letter so please make sure we have your correct address.
- Many Thanks! Thanks again to all our volunteers this year! From popcorn poppers, yearbook coordinators all the way back to Fall Festival, you have made a difference at our school by your help and positive involvement. Thank you!
Student of the Month: Our final Student of the Month assembly for the year was held on May 31st These students received a special certificate, and they also will be featured on the bulletin board in the main hallway at the beginning of next school year! Congratulations to the following students!!
Kindergarten-Grade 2: Grades 3-5: Ava Lamarche-Kindergarten Paxton Bowman-Gr 3 Arabelle Haskins-Kindergarten Emma Konts-Gr 3 Camille Vey-Kindergarten Madeleine Perry-Gr 3 Brianah Martucci-Gr 1 Serenity Case -Gr 4 Stella Plummer-Gr 1 Sophia Zioze-Gr 4 Derick Rodriguez-Gr 2 Nathan Gaines-Gr 4 Jean Akili-Gr 2 Aidan Henchey-Gr 4 Jordyn Morin–Gr 2 Hunter Bandurski -Gr 5 Karar Abbas-Mrs. Zink’s class Max Lanoie-Gr. 5 Angeline Hernandez: Library Ruby Nieves-Gr. 5 Isaac Dombe: Art Desmond Hossfeld-Gr. 5 Jelyanie Avilez: Music Michael Laroe-Mrs. Perry’s class Sydney Murphy: P.E. Kylee Tomes: Health
Remaining June Dates and Events:
Tuesday, June 11: Last day Pre-School
Wednesday, June 12th : 9:30 a.m. Grade 5 Parting Ceremony/ 2 p.m. Grade 5 clap-out
Thursday, June 13 : Last day of school; report cards issued, 2:50 dismissal